Came across this article at the DJI forum and I felt it is something worthy to take note of. I made some of these mistakes while learning to fly too.
A new firmware for the Inspire 1 update to add follow me feature to the Inspire 1.
A new firmware update (V126.96.36.199.) is now available for the Inspire 1. Please visit http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/info#downloads to download and update your Inspire 1.
- All-in-One Firmware version updated to v188.8.131.52.
- DJI GO app iOS version updated to v2.4.2.
- DJI GO app Android version updated to v2.4.2.
1. Fixed battery level fluctuation issue.
2. The X3 gimbal on the Inspire 1 is now compatible with the Osmo. Note that you must attach X3 gimbal to the Inspire 1 before updating the firmware. Do not attach X3 gimbal to the Osmo to update the firmware.
3. Follow Me feature now supported in Intelligent Flight Mode.
4. Optimized HDR performance.
5. Adjusted video storage rate to 60 Mbps at 1080p60, and 40 Mbps at 1080p30.
6. Added a feature to smooth the pitch, roll and yaw movement of the X3 gimbal from the DJI GO app.
7. Enforced read-only access for the data in the flight recorder.
8. Optimized sampling methods for the Vision Position System to improve its stability.
1. Hibernation and gimbal protection is not supported on the Inspire 1 X3 gimbal.
2. Battery firmware is included in this All-in-One firmware update. Update all Intelligent Flight Batteries by using this firmware.
3.The firmware can only be downgraded to v1.4.10 or later.
4.Calibrate the Inspire 1 X3 gimbal when using it on the Osmo for the first time.
5.Only use Inspire 1 aircraft to update the Inspire 1 X3 gimbal. Do not use this firmware to update the Osmo gimbal.
In the recent months, we are seeing many drones concepts on Kick Starter and Indiegogo. I am sure DJI is not going to sit around to allow them to steal the lime light. The Phantom X really redefines how drones or quadcopters are suppose to be used. Cool stuff, can’t wait for it to be launched.
DJI just announced that all new ronin m will come with a half sized battery x 2 in an attempt to reduce the weight of the handheld gimbal.
Personally I think that is a good move, the current battery last forever when the gimbal is balanced properly. So by reducing the weight, it definitely will enhanced the user experience.
Check out : http://www.dji.com/info/releases/dji-ronin-m
DJI introduce the new hand held 4K camera at an affordable price. Estimated retailing in SG at $960.
Fully stabilized 4K, 12Mp camera optimized for ground use
Tripod-free long exposures
Remote camera control
Ergonomic, secure grip
Suite of accessories including bike & car mount, tripod, extension stick and phone mount
I will be bringing in some units to try, if you are keen to try or place an order please let me know. Pre-orders with full payment will enjoy some discounts. 🙂
Guys, this is the tool I am waiting for. Check it out. It even record 4K @ 4:2:2 directly to a SSD.
For more details check out : http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-x5s/x5r
In a few hours time (GMT+2) 11/9/2015, DJI will be launching a brand new camera for the Inspire 1. It looks like a Micro Four Third Camera with a 17mm lens from Panasonic/Leica Summilux F1.7 Aspherical lens. This is equivalent to a 34mm full frame focal length. At this focal length, it has close to zero distortion. This is like flying the GH4 in the sky on a small platform. A S900 is required to carry a GH4 traditionally to get the awesome 4K video, and now this is possible with the Inspire 1!
The pricing is rumoured to be around US$1200 – US$1600…… Personally I can’t wait to get my hands on it.